Dental Implants in Placerville, CA
High-Quality Teeth Implants
Replacing missing teeth may be easier than you think. Please call (530) 296-8434 today to find out how we can help you.
Missing teeth can spoil a smile, lead to bone loss, and create speech and eating problems. The good news is that Dr. Eric Ngo at Pacific Street Dental can now permanently replace missing teeth using dental implant procedures. Schedule an appointment to learn more and discover whether you are a good candidate for dental implants in Placerville, CA.
Benefits of Dental Implants
A Confident Smile
Missing teeth, or even old-fashioned removable dentures, can hurt confidence and make people self-conscious. Replacing missing teeth with implants allows patients to feel good about the way they smile.
Stability and Strong Jaw Bones
Because dental implants replace missing natural teeth, including their roots, they are very stable. They are fixed by titanium posts into the patient’s jaw bone, preventing the bone loss that occurs with missing teeth and that can cause sagging skin and other changes to a patient’s face.
Denture wearers or people with missing teeth often experience speech problems, such as lisps. The tongue hits implanted teeth as it would natural teeth, resulting in clear speech.
Missing teeth can cause obvious eating problems, but surrounding teeth also often shift into the gaps, affecting a patient’s bite and making chewing difficult. When patients replace missing teeth with dental implants, the gaps are filled, the shifting stops, and the patient’s eating problems disappear.
Easy Dental Care
Because implanted teeth are just like natural ones, they can be cared for in the same way. Regular flossing and brushing will keep them in top shape.
Types of Tooth Implant
Dental implants replace several types of missing teeth.
- Individual teeth. The missing tooth is replaced by an implant covered by a porcelain crown.
- A section of teeth. If a few teeth are missing in the same area, a bridge secured on implanted teeth at each end can fill the gap.
- A full set of teeth. Implant-supported dentures can replace a full set of missing teeth.
The Implant Procedure
- Schedule an appointment to see whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. If you are, you and the implant dentist will agree on a treatment plan.
- First, an implant dentist fits a titanium post in the jaw bone. The jaw bone is given time to grow around the post, securing it.
- Next, a dentist builds up the area around the post to support an individual porcelain crown or anchor crown. Mouth impressions are made and sent to the crown manufacturer.
- About three weeks later, the procedure ends with the crown, bridge, or denture’s permanent fitting.
Contact Us Today
Pacific Street Dental offers full-service cosmetic, general and restorative dentistry in Placerville, California, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced and highly skilled team offers the best dental care in a relaxed and caring setting.
If you want to learn more about dental crowns and dental implants in Placerville CA, call or fill out our contact form (530) 296-8434 to schedule an appointment.
980 Pacific St.
Placerville, CA 95667
Tues – Thurs:
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.